Friday, March 26, 2010

Cooking Win!

Well, it may not have been the smoothest-sailing win, but a win, nonetheless. I'm placing all faults that occurred on the fact that my cookware is packed away in Tuscaloosa under boxes and boxes of crap I should have just thrown away...I mean really, who needs 14 vases? Thanks to my need to accessorize a room with fake flowers, I have no access to my non-stick pan. Apparently the Residence Inn does not invest in Teflon, so needless to say, mid-sautee I had to do a quick switch from their large skillet to my recently-purchased-because-I-couldn't-cook-eggs-except-for-in-the-microwave-because-of-their-awful-pans (and very small) omelet pan. It was the "onions and chicken" equivalent of "fat guy in a little coat."

Same situation. Slightly less destructive outcome.

Anyway, despite the "too much booty in da pan," (Ah, like how I turned 2 Live Crew into something culinary? Yeah me too.), the start of my Coconut Chicken Curry could not be destroyed. When I found this recipe on one of my favorite cooking blogs (My Kitchen Cafe)I knew I had to make it. Lurv the curry. And love the smell. My lord, it's like a big, warm Indian hug. And it lingers for-ev-er. I'm sure my co-workers wondered if I had doused my clothes in masala, but I don't care. Mmmmm. Delicous. Would you like to meet my lovely? Alrighty then.


What's the best part? (Besides the jasmine rice and naan [and since the Residence Inn doesn't come with a built-in tandoor, had to pick that up at Wal-Mart. I heated it though...So I'm taking credit]) Ah, the best part is that I have a huge Tupperware container of leftovers. Normally I don't dig the leftovers. But for this...Oh, I'll make an exception.

Bon appetit, everyone!

No comments: