Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Olly, Olly Oxen Free!

Alright kids, looks like Lovely Lacey over at Southern in the City tagged me playground-style in a little question-o-rama, and I in turn am to come up with another eight questions and play my own little version of blogging Red Rover, so let’s get to it, shall we?

If you had to choose one, what reality show would you go on and why?

Oo, well. Hrm. As a connoisseur of reality programming, I’ve developed a refined palate for enjoyable viewing. The Real World is out because, well. That hasn’t been relevant to me since 2002. Maybe not even since the Seattle season… Survivor is a no go because like I’ve said before: Mellie = “indoorsy.” I’m not tan enough for Jersey Shore. Not talented enough for So You Think You Can Dance. Too talented for Dancing with the Stars. Too smart for the Bachelor. Too judgmental and conservative dressing for Project Runway…Think that leaves me with Top Chef. Yep, if I were more skilled in the kitchen I’d definitely go with Top Chef. Padma’s a winner; Tom’s a fox (or bear, whatevs), and it’s a recent Emmy winner. Yep. Take that Hell’s Kitchen.

What is one landmark in the world you hope to one day see one day?

You know, there’s still so much that I haven’t seen, but I think I’ve gotta check the Grand Canyon off my list. Yes, am muy “indoorsy,” but I can still appreciate the great outdoors and what not. And seriously, in the words of Marv of the Wet/Sticky Bandits, “Whoa! What a hole.”

What has been your favorite vacation ever?

Well, the favorite vacation is yet to come. And technically it’s still a hypothetical, but Sister and I have talked of a long New York theater weekend. Four days chock full of Broadway and an Adam Richman/Stanley Tucci hunt. Ok, Sister hasn’t been made aware of the latter yet, but I’m gonna find one of those kids and marry him.

If you were to start your own restaurant, what would it be called and what would you make?

The Pie Hole. Yes, I'm stealing from Pushing Daisies, and if that gets me one step closer to the Pie Maker and Kristin Chenoweth, I'm OK with that. Plus Ma Jo hates that expression, and watching her cringe is a favorite past time of mine. Ma and Sister dream of opening a bakery, so I'm staying away from the baked goods territory, but pie. Pie is totally different. And I do love pie.

What's the most embarrassing CD you have in your collection?

Besides all of my musicals? I also have celebrity interviews from NPR that I’ve downloaded and burned, and I’m pretty sure I still have Billy Ray Cyrus (Some Gave All) and Trisha Yearwood (The Song Remembers When) in the back sleeve of my CD book. I'm not ashamed. Ok, maybe I am.

You can only eat 5 different foods for the rest of your life, what are they?

"That's easy. Pez. Cherry flavored Pez." (Can anybody name that reference? Come on, who wants to be my newest movie quoting buddy??) But seriously: Hmmm. This is a hard one. Ok here goes.

1. Any sushi roll with cream cheese and ideally tempura fried.
2. Edgar's cupcakes
3. Nutella
4. Chicken salad
5. Onion rings

I will also be the size of a house.

What's the one movie you could watch over and over?

It's a Wonderful Life. Cry every time. No seriously, every. Time. If you don't...I'm pretty sure you're dead inside.

What is the most exciting experience you've had so far in your life?

Oh gosh, I don't know...I'm quite dull. Um--Maybe finally getting a job? And a paycheck. And insurance. After months and months of job hunting failure. Yeah, that was pretty exciting.


As far as my new batch of questions, I'm channeling James Lipton channeling Bernard Pivot (Or more appropriately I'm actually probably channeling Will Ferrell channeling James Lipton channeling Bernard Pivot). So go ahead and picture yourself in front of an audience of desperate actors and a bearded wonder with a stack of blue cards next to you, because you're bout to be on the Actors Studio. (As far as the tagging goes, I say: If you read me. You're it. Got a blog? Copy and paste, my friend. No blog? That's what the comments section is for.)

And because I'm even more of a rebel, you get ten questions, not eight. What? You didn't think I would disrespect Ferrell-Lipton-Pivot, did you?

1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is your least favorite word?
3. What turns you on? (creatively, spiritually, emotionally)
4. What turns you off?
5. What is your favorite curse word?
6. What sound or noise do you love?
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
9. What profession would you not like to do?
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?

3 comments:

Katie said...

Stand by Me! As for the questions...I'll think about it. It's a lot of pressure.

Unknown said...

Shout out to you, your "Box of 'It's Not Going to Work Out'", and your Q's in my blog...

http://caffeineandcocktails.blogspot.com/2010/09/because-i-overshare.html

Mellie said...

Ding, ding, ding, Sister!!

And yes I know it's a lot of pressure. It shall be etched in blogosphere forever. So don't eff it up. :)

Thanks for the shout out, Ana!