Friday, May 7, 2010

T3T Negligence: Part Deux

So here we are again. Friday. And I'm just getting around to Top 3 Thursday. It's a shame, I know. Just repeat last week's excuses, add on finally getting cable and Internet (had lots of catch-up TV watching to do) and one big, "le tired" and there ya go.

Not to mention the fact, this week's topic: Top 3 Favorite Outdoor Activities.




Um...I'm what one might describe as "indoorsy."

It's not that I'm so indoorsy that I don't like getting dirty or hot or blah, blah blah...I just like central air better. I don't dig the water sports; I was 10 the last time I fished (and that was with a cane pole); I've never been camping; And I'm not crazy about laying out because well, I'd have to be in a bathing suit and sweat uncomfortably for three hours.


I think I'd enjoy hiking if I ever lived near a big park or nature trail (Demetri Martin time out: Hiking is just walking where it's ok to pee. Sometimes old people hike by mistake. Time in.), but I don't and I haven't, so it can't go on the list.


I tell ya what, the one thing I've thought about most since the weather's gotten so pretty--so go ahead and reconsider this post "Top 1 Friday"--is kicking off my shoes, walking barefoot in the grass and flopping on the ground to stare at the clouds, like when we were kids. I want to pick dandelions and watch ants. I want to flatten out an old refrigerator box and slide down a big hill. Honestly, that's what I want to do. That's it. Roll around in the grass like a dog. But I can't. Because I'm a grown woman and people would look at me strangely.



Carl and Ellie did it. Why can't I? Oh gosh...think I'm gonna cry just thinkin about C&E. *Sniffles*

Oh well, maybe this will act as the jump start to my "Live Like You're a Kid Revolution." We'd all be a lot happier. And covered in grass stains. How is that not awesome?


3 comments:

Natalie said...

The first time I watched Up I boohooed for hours. It's such a great movie!

Christina Terrell said...

Mellie, if you'd ever like to try hiking, Ruffner Mountain is not very far away, and it's INCREDIBLY close to my house.

Mellie said...

Nat--I can't hear/see, "Thanks for the adventure. Now go have a new one." Without crying like a baby. Tearing up now actually...

And Christina, I'll definitely have to check that out! And that's a pretty sweet backyard. I've got a Wendy's in mine.