Thursday, May 13, 2010

Balance, Schmalance. I'll figure it out eventually.

So you know that healthy balance between work life and real life? Yeah, I haven't figured that out yet. Still getting into the rhythm of the new job and settling into the new place, and that has sadly pushed blogging to the back burner. And that sucks because I have so much goodness to share, including my newest TV crushes and favorite Glee quotes ("I'm like Tinkerbell, Finn. I need applause to live!!") and this week's Top 3 Thursday: Books. I already know it's gonna be a big one. Several categories. And I need to do it justice. So instead of half-assing (like last week, ehem), I'm just gonna share what's been keeping me busy the evenings of my first week of gainful employment, and dive into the literary love this weekend.

So until then, I present to you: My apartment in progress!





The Living Room (aka "So Chock Full of Color I'll Never Live with a Man with this Furniture")


The Bedroom Fireplace (aka "Winner.")


The Start to the Alabama/Jack Room


Bonified-Mellie-Created-Chair-Inspired-Wall-Art

I've really had so much fun getting my apartment ready, but I can't wait to have it done. I've got a pile of junk in my "dining room" and it's driving my crazy. Bathroom's still not organized. Bedroom walls are still pretty bare. The kitchen has a rug. That's it. Don't even have refrigerator magnets up yet. Hence, they're not pictured. I'm of the discipline that if you can't see it, it doesn't exist. I don't care if that's the mentality of a six-year-old. It helps me get through these difficult, cluttered times...

1 comment:

Lacey said...

Your apartment looks so cute!! I want to visit soon!

Also- my fave is your chair inspired painting! :)