Thursday, July 22, 2010

T3T: Let's go to the movies! Again and again and again.

Ah glorious Thursday, you’ve finally arrived. I’m one Jeans Day away from the weekend. A weekend in which I refuse to move. Seriously. Try, just try to rip me from my couch; I dare ya. I shall sleep and doze and DVR and veg and not drive. At. All.

And now to the matter at hand: Top Three Thursday, Favorite Movie Series Edition. (Time out. I love the word “series.” Don’t ask me why in particular. I don’t know. There just seems to be such a sense of occasion that comes along with it. We should take a note from the Brits and call our TV “seasons,” “series”. I think it’d be way better. Time in.)



Harry Potter Series

I'm what one would call a dork. I'm not saying that I'd dress in a cape with a lightening bolt on my forehead or anything, but...I do get quite giddy at the mentioning of a new HP movie. Yes, I own all of the DVDs. Harry Potter is one of the few movies that I actually buy new. New, as in I don't dig them out of a bin. Or discounted from a bankrupt movie rental franchise. They are awesome and deserve full royalties. Additional dorky side note: A Very Potter Sequel premieres on YouTube tonight!! Oh m'gah so excited. I told you how awesome a Very Potter Musical was. Have you watched it yet? No? What the hell is wrong with you. It's amazing. Come on. Get with it.

Kevin Smith Awesomeness


So they're not necessarily a "series" but there's so much crossover and referencing from one movie to the other...It totally counts. I think Dogma may have been the first I saw, and I was hooked from there. I even like Chasing Amy. Hey, I'll even watch Jersey Girl when it comes on TBS. That's what one would call a "fan." What may be even better than the movies are the commentaries. And the Evenings with Kevin Smith. I found the second one at Big Lots for $3. Helloooo, winner. These are my people: quick witted and dirty minds (and mouths). Love it.

Star Wars: The Original Trilogy


Remember how I said I was a dork? Yeah, that applies to this choice as well. But I'm picky with my dorkiness. Episodes 1-3 can suck it. George Lucas should be put down for what he did to this series. Come on now; no way Ewan McGregor is Obi-Wan. He was in Down with Love for goodness sake... Jar Jar Binks? Screw you. Empire is definitely my favorite, and as much as I love Clerks and Kevin Smith, Randal was wrong. Jedi had way more than just a bunch of muppets. And Ewoks are adorable. So there.

I know I'm not doing any of these justice, but I've got my first quinoa experience awaiting me. Yes, I'm actually going to cook, and since I won't be able to use the microwave or toaster oven I've got to get it going if I want to eat before bed time.

No comments: