Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Time to Give Danke

Well kids, can we believe it's November 2nd? Halloween has passed, and hopefully everyone took advantage and dressed to show off their creativity, witticism or boobs. It's what the holiday is all about. For those who didn't take advantage and made poor choices, National Untagging Day has also flown right by. And despite what the department stores and Wal-Marts are telling you, Christmas isn't the next major holiday. Lest us forget Thanksgiving: the one day of the year dedicated solely to love and gluttony. (Except for a single girl's Valentine's Day. Don't tell me you've never bought a giant box of chocolates "for your mom.")

So over here at Biddy Corner, I want to take some time whenever the mood strikes to say a big danke to some of the things I'm most grateful for in my life/biddyhood.

Today I am grateful for (the first time in a long time) a full week of no highs over 70 degrees. Fall has arrived, and if she knows what's good for her, she'll stick around for a while. I'm not rearranging the closet yet, because let's face it: If I do it now, I'm destined to be jinxed and spend Christmas in shorts.


You know what this is? If you guessed glorious, you are correct.

3 comments:

Katie said...

And don't forget Mad Men. We are thankful for Don Draper. You should probably do a whole post on the wonderfulness that is Don.

Mellie said...

Oh this is going to be a regular edition up until the day of High Gluttony. Don Draper will definitely make the list. Along with Silver Fox Sterling.

Tyler from AL said...

I'm thankful that you love Roger Sterling like I do.