Friday, June 25, 2010

A "Fail" Experiment


So, I don’t know if this will be a regular edition to Biddy Corner, but:

I’ve been particularly irked by some too-present-for-comfort work fashion trends.

I haven’t gotten my What Not to Wear fix in a while.

And I’m a sucker for alliteration.

Thus Fashion Fail Friday was created.

So what’s been bugging me lately? The capri pant business suit. What does this look say? “Hey, I’m professional, so I’ll wear my long sleeve suit jacket in the dead of summer, but I’m not one to turn down a clambake.” It’s just weird. You might as well be wearing a tuxedo tshirt. It’s the fashion equivalent of a mullet. Business on top, party on the bottom. And when Billy Ray Cyrus makes his way into your wardrobe, you’ve crossed into a dark, dark place, my friend.

I say there are two exceptions to the capri suit:

1. It’s shiny and you’re about to answer the on-stage question of the Employee of the Month Pageant.

2. You look like one of these chicks:







I’m sorry but rules are rules. Some people aren’t allowed to wear things. I don’t get horizontal stripes, spaghetti straps, or gladiator sandals. I definitely don’t get the capri pant. Few people do. So a word of general advice: tack on the extra three inches of fabric to the cropped pants of that suit of yours. Your ankles won’t sweat that much. I promise.

1 comment:

Lacey said...

I definitely think you need to keep going with "Fashion Fail Friday!"I love this. I've never seen anyone wear this to work and hopefully I don't anytime soon! that's just horrible.