Monday, December 7, 2009

Catching Up with the Newly Semi-employed Biddy

So I’m a bad blogger. Commitment issues, much? Ok, so here’s a lovely edition of Catch Up:

Last month I spent a couple of weeks living out of suitcases and sleeping on futons starting with a trip to Birmingham for an interview (Gasp! A step to employment? Oh yes.). The interview was for an internship with Lewis Communications. They have a media planner/buyer who will be going on maternity leave the beginning of the year and will need someone to come in to assist while she is on leave. Interview was in the morning and that evening they had offered me the position. Cried a lot. What? I’m emotional. I know it’s only short term, but I have a good feeling that something permanent is going to come my way because of this. Fingers crossed and itchy sheeted, extended stay hotel here I come!

And not that it needs to be said, but the biddy status will remain in tact even when I'm up in Birmingham. I can't imagine a better way to unwinding from a long day at work than crocheting and enjoying a nice book on tape.

After a side trip to Tuscaloosa for Big Bad Wolves BBQ nachos and Scene it domination with my dear Adrienne, I headed to Atlanta to be with Sister and celebrate Thanksgiving with the family. But before the turkey, there was New Moon. Oh, New Moon. Wow. In a word: Horrific. BUT. I was with Sister, and that meant horrific was transformed into hilarious. Oh you want an example? Ok then. The werewolves are popping out of the woods about to pounce and I slowly lean over and whisper…

It’s the nothing…

Who doesn’t love a little NeverEnding Story humor? Ya wanna know one really good thing about Twilight? Taylor Lautner. Mmm. Yeah I know. He’s 17. I don’t care. You can’t make me feel bad. Gah, you’ve got to know that Robert Pattinson’s wonky nipples felt bad about themselves next to Taylor’s 12-pack. I can’t resist. Let’s have a looks shall we?

Man I miss Tiger Beat.

Thanksgiving was awesome. Waddled for the next few days. Iron Bowl was intense, stressful and finally joyful. The Rockette’s Christmas Spectacular lived up to its name (Um, spectacular). After two weeks sans sheets and private bathroom, I finally made the long journey home to Troy. (And I say “long,” not because I hate driving and even the 45 minute trek to Montgomery makes me wanna take a nap, but because I was stuck in traffic for about an hour right outside of Atlanta. All of I-85 heard me sing the first and majority of second act of the Secret Garden. Although, I think they’re all better off because of it.)

So now, the house is officially decked out for the holidays and Budgetary Christmas '09 is in full force. Everyone should expect homemade ornaments of yarn, glue and glitter (or egg cartons, pipe cleaners and jingle bells. Your preference).

Recipe Corner

Have a couple of awesome recipes to share.

Tuscan Macaroni and Cheese Bake: Made this for Katie to keep her from going to the Y, thus forcing spending more time with me :) Got the recipe from one of my favorite cooking blogs, “My Kitchen Cafe” and it’s definitely going in the recipe box (Yeah, I have a recipe box. I’m now well-equipped with an arsenal of recipes to hook myself a man…As long as that man loves baked goods.

http://mykitchencafe.blogspot.com/2009/11/tuscan-macaroni-and-cheese-bake.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email

Basil Parmesan Dip: Sister made this for the fam while we invaded her one-bedroom apartment for about four days…Good sport. Anyway, it was de-licious. Make it.

http://www.cookinglight.com/food/in-season/uses-for-basil-00400000049915/page3.html

Giant Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies: Oh m’gah. These are ginormous, chewy, buttery and delicious. I substituted cranberries for cherries and I’m pretty sure that made them even more wonderful. Seriously. You can’t go wrong with these.

http://www.gigicakes.net/2009/11/giant-cranberry-oatmeal-cookies.html


Farmville Update: So I shut down the farm. No idea if they auctioned off my topiaries or sent my horse to the glue factory, I just know that Facebook is no longer a stressful place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey your blog design is very nice, clean and fresh and with updated content, make people feel peace and I always like browsing your site.

- Norman