Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Who put the DIP in the dip da dip da dip?

I have a go-to dip and it’s served me well for years (all thanks to Sushannah). It’s a block of cream cheese, can of chicken and packet of ranch seasoning. Pretty much the easiest thing on the planet and absolutely delicious. But I think I’ve found a new one…

Mediterranean Dip

1 block cream cheese

½ cup chopped roasted red peppers

¼ cup kalamata olives

¼ cup grated Romano cheese

1 clove minced garlic

¼ cup chopped fresh basil

Just mix and refrigerate and serve on melba toast (I toasted up some French bread with garlic and basil and…yeah. I vote that’s better than melba toast.).

It’s got a little pimento cheese twang because of all the roasted red peppers, which makes me think it would be great toasted…What? You’ve never had pimento cheese toast? Um. It’s the only way one should eat pimento cheese. Ever.

Bon Appétit! (Said as always in a the style a la Meryl Streep a la Julia Child)

No comments: